Saturday, May 24, 2008

Maladroit Public Servant of the Week

Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz (of Florida) is the Maladroit Public Servant of the Week with this gem, directed at one of the satan-juice infused oil executives currently involved in the horrific activity of making money:

“I can’t say that there is evidence that you are manipulating the price, but I believe that you probably are. So prove to me that you are not.”

And the inimitable Mark Steyn's response:

“Hey, you first. I can’t say that there is evidence that you’re sleeping with barnyard animals, but I believe that you probably are. So prove to me that you are not."

My own response would have been that pithy favorite, sometimes known as the one-fingered rejoinder.

Your tax dollars at work.

From National Review

No comments: